Why is ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue better?
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue game play differentiators:
- Broad audience – beginner to intermediate
- Red / Blue team adversarial game play, playing against active opponents either A.I. or real life
- Interactive – 1-on-1 internet and local hot seat multiplayer
- Single player, play as the red or blue team against the computer
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue’s differentiation from other training solutions on the market today include:
- Modern approach to learning – cost effective, accessible
- Based upon real-world experience from real OT security professionals
- Cybersecurity from the hackers’ perspective
- Live, head-to-head learning
- Apply concepts, with in-game real-world cybersecurity advice and hints
- Learn, train, and exercise strategy
- Multiple audience, versions & licensing and installation options
|Single Player||Play alone, as red or blue, against the computer A.I.|
|Internet Multiplayer||Play against another person, as red or blue, via the internet|
|Tutorial*||Walks the player through the basic functions of the gamulation by prompting them step-by-step|
|Multiple Network Maps*||Players can choose which blue team map they want to use, or have one randomly chosen|
|Non-Steam Delivery||Delivery through web browser or standalone application installer|
|Supports Multi Seat Licensing||Multiple seats can be purchased under a single license|
|Teaching Mode*||Advice is given throughout the gamulation to help players|
|Scenarios*||Preset gamulation conditions, settings, and objectives offering players new challenges|
|Challenges*||Similar to scenarios but smaller in scope usually meant to test a single concept|
|Maps to Certification Learning Objectives*||Learning objectives mapped to popular certifications such as CISSP and GICSP|
|Custom Network Maps*||Maps created to look like the customers network (created by ThreatGEN)|
|Custom Learning Objective Mapping*||Learning objectives mapped to a specific curriculum (created by ThreatGEN)|
|Custom Actions Tree||Custom actions created based on customer’s needs (created by ThreatGEN)|
|Leaderboards||Scoreboard displaying each player ranked by score|
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue is delivered to three distinct audiences – consumer / retail, professional / educational and enterprise audiences. Each audience has different version and licensing. The differences include:
- The consumer / retail audience purchases, downloads and installs through the STEAM gaming platform and delivery mechanism.
- The professional / educational audience purchases directly from ThreatGEN, has multiple delivery & install options, has multiple licensing options, and has features for cybersecurity training.
- The enterprise audience is much like the professional / educational audience, with the exception that ThreatGEN Training Solutions can provide total customized gamification / gamulation experiences using the enterprise customer’s custom network maps, custom learning objectives mapping, custom action tree(s), and leaderboards.
 The retail version is limited in its capabilities for use in professional and educational settings. Current pricing for version 1.xx on STEAM is $29.99, with carious discounts applied for large volumes.