ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue has three distinct audiences, each with different installation / delivery methods, versions and licensing available.
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue is the industry’s first multi-player strategy computer game where players compete against each other, head-to-head, to take control/maintain control of a computer network. This is not a fiction- based game like those found on the consumer gaming market. This is a live, player vs. player “gamified” training simulator, designed to teach cybersecurity skills in an immersive and interactive applied learning environment.
Red vs. Blue Versions
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue is delivered to three distinct audiences – consumer / retail, professional / educational and enterprise audiences. The versions and licensing depends upon which audience you are part of:
- Consumer / retail – purchases, downloads and installs through the STEAM gaming platform and delivery mechanism.
- Professional / educational – audience purchases directly from ThreatGEN, has multiple delivery & install options, has multiple licensing options, and has features for cybersecurity training.
- Enterprise – much like the professional / educational audience, with the exception that ThreatGEN Training Solutions provide total customized gamification / gamulation experiences using the enterprise customer’s custom network maps, custom learning objectives mapping, custom action tree(s), and leaderboards.
Licensing – per user versus per seat
All ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue professional, educational and enterprise licenses are sold on an annual subscription basis and supports two basic forms of licensing – per-user or per-seat.
Per-user licensing is tied to a specific user login and unique computer IP. This is supported on any installation except retail and has these further requirements:
- Minimum per-user licenses sold are 10.
- Educational institutions license under per-user basis for courses and can reuse the user each semester / session / period during the year – over a 50% discount based upon semesters used.
Per-seat licensing is tied to a specific machine / unique computer IP, such that you buy the maximum number of concurrent users on the server at any one time. It is more expensive than the per-user license. This is supported on any installation except retail and has these further requirements:
- Sold in packs / increments of 10 seats.
ThreatGEN® Red vs. Blue supports numerous installation options, all from the same codebase to ensure stability. Installation options include:
|Type||Installation Description & Features|
|STEAM||Must be member of STEAM video game communityCan only be used with outside access to internetworldwide game match making server – can interact with anyone in world, peer-to-peer (internet or LAN)|
|single computer||Gamulation installed on end user computerKey and access to ThreatGEN licensing server requiredworldwide game match making server – can interact with anyone in world, peer-to-peer (internet or LAN)|
|hosted, public||Play with a web browserNothing installed on end user computerHosted by ThreatGENworldwide game match making server – can interact with anyone in world, peer-to-peer (internet)|
|hosted, private||Play with a web browserNothing installed on end user computerHosted by ThreatGEN in private instanceChoice of worldwide or LAN game match making server|
appliance & event server
|Appliance that allows customers to run the game using a local game server rather than the internet.Play with a web browser or Single Computer install(s)game match making server in appliance|
|Tablet Kit||Single computer installation type pre-installedCan interact with anyone in worldGoogle Android tabletSold in 10 packsAvailable for as little as $400 eachOptional cushioned travel case for 10 tablets, $500 each|
 Only available for consumer / retail audience.
 Supported web browsers include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Mozilla, and Netscape.
 All on-premise appliance & event server are custom quoted since base costs and customization precludes a single price
 Tablet Kit pricing is customized due to customers’ ability to select tablet manufacturer and pre-loaded material.